Friday, January 4, 2013

National Boards

I got my kit today! I am excited, scared, and intimidated. I am also almost a quarter of the way completed. I have to write one more paper on a professional accomplishment and then I'll start the other three writtings. I have been recording my teaching since the week before break, and I have started photographing for the first entry. Part of me cannot believe I am doing this, but one of my colleagues is a NB Certified teacher and is mentoring me through the process. She is amazing, and I am thankful for her dedication to the process. Now I am off to set up my camera for this afternoon's session! If any of you out there are thinking about or would like more info on NB, just let me know! 

5 comments:

Dick Kruse said...

I'm proud of you that you have the initiative to get this done, but then I'm still amazed that you were able to get your Masters with everything you have going on! Your Father.

Nana Jo said...

Way to go Jodi! Love you, Mom

Snippety Gibbet said...

I certified in '07. Just remember to follow the level 4 rubric to the tee! If you prove everything....every sentence.... in that level 4 rubric, you should be fine. Our requirements are very different than that of general ed, so keep that in mind when you get help from others. Best wishes to you!

Angie said...

I would love to be able to get mine, hopefully funding will return in my state. Please share all about it!

Joanna Davis said...

Goo luck! I certified in 2008. If you need a reader, let me know ;) follow your rubrics an don't be long-winded in your writings!