Saturday, September 25, 2010

It Stuck!

After school on Friday I was putting up a display in the hallway when one of the fourth grade teachers approached me and said that after art her class returned to her room and excitedly told her that she "is value!" She didn't understand, and asked "You mean I have value? I am valued?" Eventually they got her to understand that they had learned about value in art that day, and the sweater she was wearing showed value because it was dark blue on the bottom and light blue on the top. She was impressed that they taught her something she didn't know. I'm so proud :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Hahn said...

LOVE IT! Those are the moments that you say... Hahaha! The kids are listening... even if they appear to be picking their nose, playing with their silly bands, and talking to their neighbor... Darn it, they know value!

Brittney said...

That is great! It is a good feeling when that happens. When I judged the kids Caldecott awards, I saw a couple of houses drawn in perspective and I was really amazed and happy because that was something I taught the kids in 3rd grade.

Phyl said...

Hooray! Give yourself a big pat on the back!