Saturday, September 11, 2010

More of my Classroom

I have one bulletin board in my classroom (and one just outside of it). I use this board for the projects that all grades are working on. I find that the younger kids love looking forward to the projects the older kids are working on, and the older kids recall skills and terms that they learned previously when they see the younger kids working on them. This year I added my "Learning Tagets" near each project. Although not all of the kids can read them, it will also remind me to touch on those concepts during our discussions and assess learning on those items.

Learning Targets are written using "I Can" statements, which I find really easy to write, and the kids find easy to evaluate.

Here is the outside of my classroom door. My room was the stage when the school was a high school, so it has a frosted plexiglass window that I covered with the large poster.




This is the bulletin board outside of my room, which I am using as an "Artist of the Month" board. Our first artist is Fred Babb. I love his style and delcarations about art.




7 comments:

Janie B said...

Love these ideas! Looks really good.

Unknown said...

Love the I CAN statements! I post objectives every week too! But I do We will be able to. . . like I CAN a lot better:) THANKS!

ArtMuse said...

I love the learning targets, and how you post them up with the lesson examples on the bulletin boards, great ideas!

Tara said...

The learning targets are fantastic, I would love to see a listing of ones that you have currently or have been successful!

teebo said...

I need to do these I can statements. I would find your ideas so helpful in my classroom. Can we see some more please.Thanks

Anonymous said...

Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a listing of all your "I can" statements. These are great!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Hi, Jodi………I hope you don't mind. I posted a link to your blog over on my blog, Bulletin Boards to Remember. jan http://bulletinboardstoremember.blogspot.com/2013/11/door-art.html