Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blog Award



Hannah, over at Art. Paper. Scissors. Glue! and Mrs. Hahn at Mini Matisse passed the Stylish Blogger Award to me. Thanks!

Rules: 1. Shout out to the person that gave the award.

2. Tell 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the award on to your fav 5 blogs.


Seven things about me?

Hum.


1. I have been married since April 2003, but we've been together since March 1998.

2. We have two girls. One will be three March 9th, and the other is 16 months. We are expecting a boy June 24th. Wowza!

3. I've wanted to be a teacher since I was in first grade. I started out as an El Ed major but when I transfered colleges after my freshman year the program was full. I was advised to change majors and change it back after I had been admitted but loved Art Ed even more, so I never changed it back. Teaching elementary art is the perfect compromise, and I love that I get to see all the kids, not just a select 20-25.

4. Every year at this time I start to feel uninspired and uncreative. About three weeks before school lets out for summer I'll regain that spark that I need, but it will be too late. That's one of the many reasons I love all your blogs so much!

5. It's a good thing I only need seven of these...Hum. Although I love my job, and literally cannot imagine doing anything else for a living, I often wonder if I should be doing something else. With all the political turmoil in my state right now, it makes those thoughts stronger. I look at my kids and feel like I'm not doing what's best for them, just what I want to do and that's not right. They deserve the best.

6. Really? Two more? I'm really not that interesting...I was scared to death to change school districts last year. I had security at my old district, loved my coworkers and principals, and students. Moving meant losing tenure, leaving friends, and trusting that it was the right decision. However, it also meant being closer (six hours closer!) to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends for my kids. Also, I was pregnant with our second when I interviewed, moved, and started teaching here. I thought "there's no way they'd hire me, I'm pregnant." I interviewed in the afternoon, and got the call offering me the job the next morning.

7. Finally. I am a Christian, and try to lead my life as a tribute to Jesus. I fall short most of the time, but lucky for me He still loves me.


Sending this award on to...
This is a really hard part, because I love so many blogs and because a lot of my art ed blog buddies (Blogeagues?) have already received this award.
In no particular order...
1. Adventures of an Art Teacher-Katie is newer in our Art Ed world, which makes many of her ideas fresh and new.
2. Art is the Best Part of the Day-Ms. Jackson always has fun stuff.
3. Artolazzi-Jenny Bartolazzi has lots of creative ideas. Seriously, you have to check out her Chihuly inspired group work! Awesome!
4. Mrs. Picasso's Art Room-One of the first Art Ed blogs I started following-and you'll see why if you visit.
5. Laugh, Paint, Create-Erin has lots of great ideas, and she teaches PK, which makes for great starter projects for K and special needs students!

No comments: